Welcome to our (tiny) Fortnite V9.30 Unofficial Patch Notes! We’ll go through most aspects of the game to give you a central overview of things that have been added and that have changed but did not get mentioned in the Official Patch Notes. We’ll also exclude leaks that are already well known.
Here’s how Unofficial Fortnite Patch Notes works:
This is a collection of things we consider interesting going through the files of this Patch. We compare the files to the previous patch, this means things you see here are new. However, as this is datamining, nothing here is set in stone. We will add speculation and thoughts to some points. These will be written between Round Brackets/Parentheses and in italic (check out this amazing example). It took some time for us to get these to you this time due to different reasons. This Patch was bigger than usual and interfered with our time plans. Today’s Unofficial Patch Notes are a bit smaller because there hasn’t been too much.
The Amount of definitive Skin leaks is small this time and a lot has already been covered. We’ll share things we think are interesting with you anyway:
- Banner Skins
- These skins do not have names yet and their images have already been somewhat shared. Players have been speculating they might display your selected, or a specifically for the skin selected Banner from your locker. This will likely be the “Banner Brigade Set”. A String we found also supports this idea. String: “Flex Your Banner”.
- “Sofia” from John Wick
- This has partly been leaked elsewhere aswell but yes, it looks like we will see Sofia from the John Wick promotion in the game after all. Here name was added to the Strings with v9.30 and a new description that could loosely fit her aswell. Description: “The assassin’s assassin.”
If you missed her, here is a 3D model Showcase from us. Please note that the head is not the one that will be used in case the skin gets released, we’ve added it as a placeholder
- DjRemix Wrap:
- This might be a little of a far fetch but a Texture with this name and an appearance close to the looks of DJ Yonder or DJ Bop has been added. Given the fact that DJ Bop hasn’t appeared in the Item Shop for quite some time it could be a good timing to release her along with a new Wrap.
Texture (It’s a Mask, colors will not be the same):
That’s it already. More Skins in the Strings…
This time only two new sets have appeared in the files (besides the already leaked skins):
- Banner = “Banner Brigade“
- WeirdObjects = “Stranger Things“
Everything you can read as plain text in the game is stored in strings. These could be names of skins, description of skins, names of items, item descriptions… We sadly don’t know what these string exactly belong to but they can give a good hint at future releases etc. In part one we’ll go through strings that we might be able to get some good info out. Each set of strings or string gets a small commentary with some infos we think are relevant.
- Stranger Things related Skins:
- Chief Hopper (Chief Hopper Outfit from Stranger Things as seen in the image below)
- Hawkins PD’s finest. (Description for Chief Hopper?)
- Demogorgon (Also an Outfit?)
- Tendrils (Tendrils play a somewhat big role in Stranger Things so this could be a Glider or a Pickaxe from the Stranger Things Set. The image shows Chief Hopper looking at Tendrils in Season 2)
- Turn the battle upside down. (Most likely a description for a Stranger Things Skin, if we were to speculate it’s for the Demogorgon.)
- Totally Rad! (80s slang for “cool”)
In part 2 of the list of strings we list every new String added with this patch that we think is related to skins but don’t relate to any other Strings:
- Drop in.
- Fast Feet (New Emote?)
- Flex your Banner (Banner Brigade Skin description?)
- Gun Bag (Back Bling?)
- Locked and Loaded. (Description for Gun Bag?)
- It’s bananas.
- Ready in a pinch.
- So smooth. So cool.
- Split the dancefloor.
- The assassin’s assassin.
- This isn’t even my final form.
- Work It (New Emote?)
This is the rest of Strings we have no idea for what they could be related to.
- Catch ‘Em All
- Dazzle and delight your friends.
- Keep Away
- Last head standing wins.
- Ride the waves and try not to get swept up in the storm.
- Solaris Demo
- Splash ‘Em All
- Spray and Pray
- Tidal Wave
- USE SOLARIS?
- Win by outlasting all of the competition!
- You’re a long long way from Lonely Lodge…
That’s it for now. Let us know if you like this format, shoot us a tweet and follow us @SkinTrackerCom. We’re still only beginning with these posts and hope you can already enjoy them in this state. This post might get updated with some new informations or things we misinterpreted, let us know if we made any mistakes. As always, this is datamining and sometimes highly speculative so take it with a grain of salt.